Egy svéd és egy magyar mesemondó kalandjai a Majomkirály nyomában
En ungersk och en svensk berättares äventyr i Kung Markattas fotspår

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

From the start of the beginning

Now I know how to begin telling the story, according to the KISS gospel, Keep it Simple Stupid:

High up on the mountain, a stone with eternal life gave birth to a stone egg, and from the egg, a Monkey was hatched ...

But I am dangerously tempted to begin before the beginning, using the opportunity to tell the whole creation with all it's poetic charm, the exotic chinese flavor and the possibility to confuse listeners out of their everyday concerns and open their ears and minds for the trickster world. The text starts with the creation, why shouldn't I allow myself that pleasure? Or could I use sound or music telling the story of a chinese creation? That has to be tested and evaluated! Now I have gathered my first fruitful question along the way, and Monkey hasn't even taken his first pawstep!

Can you see, feel and hear the miraculous monkey birth in your imagination? I won't move from the mountain until I have heard the first impressions from my fellow traveller, The Multicoloured Lady or read your comments

No comments:

Post a Comment